What is Play Therapy?
Play therapy refers to a large number of treatment methods, all applying the therapeutic benefits of play. Play therapy helps children to address and resolve their own problems, using their natural language: play.
What does Play Therapy do?
Play therapy helps children:
- Resolve trauma.
- Re-tell their distressing experiences to themselves in story form, making meaning out of their experiences in a way that makes sense to them.
- Become more responsible for their behaviors and develop more successful strategies.
- Develop new and creative solutions to problems.
- Learn to experience and express empathy and emotion.
- Develop self-efficacy and confidence.
Together, you and I can bolster your child’s well-being and clear the way for continued healthy development.